Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a person appeal a judges decision re a permanent

Customer Question
Can a person appeal...

Can a person appeal a judges decision re a permanent restraining order request?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son is in jail; 2 felony charges, has a restraining order in place in Washington state for his daughter and her guardian, his son was removed from his custody last year for child abuse and has been threatening me for taking back my car he refused to make payments o

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/27/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

Your question was:

can a person appeal a judges decision re a permanent restraining order request?

The answer is yes, without a doubt. It is often not possible to appeal a temporary restraining order or a temporary injunction since they are not a final order. However, a Permanent Restraining Order is final and therefore can be appealed through a normal appeals process.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Even if you are a subscriber or have a trial membership please leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so that the website knows I have answered your question.