Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The mother of my 15 year old granddaughter sent a text

Customer Question
The mother of my...

The mother of my 15 year old granddaughter sent a text message to her dad, (my son) on Thankgiving night that she has had it with her and for her to pickup his daughter in the morning with her things. She stated she is kicking her out. He picked her up and moved her in with his wife. Today he picked up the balance of her belongings. Long story short my granddaughter has been unhappy for several months. She is in counciling but her mom seems to control everything. My granddaughter has told the school counselor that her mom has hit her along with her doctor. CPS has investigated but nothing has come of it. My son and the mom of my granddaughter never married in fact he has paid child support but hasn't allowed my son regular visitation throughout my granddaughters life. He wants her to stay with him but doesn't know what the next step wood be. Also they never had a parenting plan. Please help advise us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just need advise on what my son should do. This kid had good grades and is failing right now. I saw her tonight and she had sparkle back in her eyes. Her doctor has her on medication for depression.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/27/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Do you know if the mother will give the father custody of the child, seeing how she does not want her to live there?