Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need your legal advice. I am married and living in my

Customer Question
Good evening. Please i need...
Good evening. Please i need your legal advice. I am married and living in my husband house with his children and grandchildren. My husband is living in Florida, he said that he is not coming back here to live in MA. I am very unhappy living with his children, he told me that his younger daughter who is 27 years old will be coming to live here also. She and I don't get along. She hates me. I want to find my self somewhere to live but I want to do it the right legal way. please tell me what to do
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/27/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

What is preventing you from just finding a new place to live and moving?

Because I am married I don't know if it will cause me any problems to get some where for my self in my name only

Massachusetts is not a community property state and spouses can have their own separately owned assets and debt.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.