Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a family law question, child custody... Florida. I…

Customer Question
I have a family...

I have a family law question, child custody...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/26/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What child custody questions can I help you with ,thanks.

My ex and I were not married we have a 6 year old, she is in the process of moving out again. She wants to move approx 2 hours away from the current home we share. She also wants to change our Childs school mid year he is in first grade I don't want this to happen can you tell me what process I should follow to block this from happening.

Are there custody orders anywhere?

No we don't have any custody orders at the moment. We had child support orders I paid her but she canceled the order this past month.

If there are no custody orders you file for paternity here and get such orders with restrictions on her moving away without court's permission.

http://www.fljud13.org/Portals/0/Forms/pdfs/family/packet34.pdf

You need to file and serve her asap here to avoid her leaving with child.

I appreciate the chance to help you today,sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Lawyer Referral Service

Request A Referral Online 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Lawyer can likely get this heard on emergency basis.

We have already established paternity, hence why I pay child support.

It is still called a paternity suit here where you are unmarried and no custody orders.Court will name you father again and give you custody and visitation rights.I know its a bit confusing but thats how it works in Flrodia.You would want to file it under the child support case number ***** same court.Ask the court clerk for expedited setting to try and stop this.Court will require her to return with child.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer