Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The dad was not put on the birth certificate can he get the…

Customer Question
The dad was not put...
The dad was not put on the birth certificate can he get the child
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

It is unlikely since paternity has not been established and there is no way to show he is the biological father. Again, the parent can try but the goal now is to remove the child from the foster care and friend and place the child in the care of a family member instead, because it may be in their best interest.

Even if the mom says he’s the father

She can make that statement and would need to speak with child service and whoever is involved, to advise them of this and would need the father to cooperate and be willing to take the child.

The father is very willing

If that is the case, he needs to contact child service or whoever is looking for the child at this time and advise them of the same, along with the mother.

Cos knows he’s the father they’re letting him have visits just like the mom
CPS

Then he should take the next step with them and ask for temporary custody of the child, so they can be removed from the foster home of the friend and placed with family.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer