Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How are you doing today? My question is that I have an baby…

Customer Question
Hi how are you...

Hi how are you doing today?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My question is that I have an baby mother who want to get 10k from me because she not living in the house that i got for our family but i have text message to prove that she said she didnt want the house. and I iold her if she want money from me I told her to take me to child support but she dont want to do it and when our child was born I didnt get a dna test or sign the birth paper and when I tried to the hospital and her didnt let me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Ohio i want to know what should i do, she keep asking me for money but she dont want to take me to child support she left me for another men no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will tell the layer once you connect me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

I want to know what should i do about my situation she hreat to take my house from me in which its in my brother name and she keep asking for money and telling me i owe her 10k because she put money into the house but I have text message proving she said she dont want the house and plus she left me for another men

I'm sorry to hear about that. Is there currently a child support agreement on file with the courts or is it informal?

also I had a child with her and when he was born i was there but i left to change clothes but when i came back to the hospital i tired to take a dna test and sign the birth paper but something had happen to where i couldnt sign or take the test and now we not together i keep picking the baby up from her mother house and she keep asking me for moeny and i told her to take me to child support but she will not do it but she keep asking me for money for the house or she will take it from me
I went to child support but they told me i cant bring the child in to take a dna test with me because there no proof that i am the child father so now i have to take mines and they have to send her paper to take him to get tested
for the pass couple of days she keep asking for 10k or she will take the house from me in which the house is in my brother name but remind you i havd text message to prove she said she dont want the house and also when we was together we put our money together and when she left me she took all the money we had together and my friends told me she be at party fight other girls over another men

I see what you mean. Well, until she is able to prove that you are the father and until she gets a court order, then she can't legally demand that you pay any money.

what about the house part?

She can't take your house from you at all; only a court could order that you pay and they only usually will require that you pay from your pay checks.

Did you have any other questions for me?

what do I do if she keep texting me and telling me she going to move back in to the house if i dont pay her 10k for the house or give her the house ?
you see i am mexican and i am a immigration and she want me to get deported so she can take the house and told me she going to write a letter so I can get deported
she dont care if her child father is in her life or not

I understand and I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you considered a restraining order against her for these actions?

is in the baby life
but how if we have a son togther?
she had stuff they she left in the house still should i pack them up and put them in the garage so she dont come into the house to get them? once time we broke up before and she start hitting me and broking stuff in the house and she bring her friend with her and her friend block the door so i will not get out and when i call the police the friend told the cop i push her and i end up going to jail
i am sorry she have stuff

Okay, so if you are tired of her threats, you have a few options:

1. You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter. Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. Here’s a website that has a good template (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. This is just an informal document, but you could explain that if she continues, then you may bring a restraining order against her.

2. You could file a restraining order against her. Your state court has forms available where you can get a judge to order her to stop threatening you with deportation, stop threatening you with child support, and to stop threatening to take your home.

3. You could also and probably also should file to get a custody order. Your immigration status is irrelevant. If you're the presumed father, the court may be able to set up an order that establishes when you get access to the child and how much you have to pay in child support.

3. You could also and probably also should file to get a custody order. Your immigration status is irrelevant. If you're the presumed father, the court may be able to set up an order that establishes when you get access to the child and how much you have to pay in child support.i am not understand that part

I'm sorry. What I mean is that you should probably go get a custody order from the court. The court can decide not only when you will see the child, but also how much in child support you will pay. If you do this, then she cannot withhold the child from you or make you pay more money.

Yeah I went to support on my own and I am waiting to take the dna test and so I can get the child every two weeks and she been making me keep him for two weeks and I can’t afford to miss work

I can understand. If you petition the court to establish custody, you can typically also ask the court for a DNA test at the same time. It'll be up to the court to grant it if they have reason to believe that you may or may not be the father of the child. Regardless, it may be a smart way to ensure that you can no longer be harassed about more child support and will not be blocked from the child.

with the restraining order part get a restra order again her because she trying to take the house and asking me for 10k for the house and saying she going to get me deported correct?

That's correct.

aslo far as the child she not asking for child support, my problem is she will not take me to child support for some reason but she rather take my house and moneyBut I went to child support so I can put my self on there
Do you think it will affect the child if I get a restraining order on her?

I understand. She can't take your house at all. The most that she can even get from you is enough to care for the child. Your house and your assets are safe.

I give her money for the child but she don’t spend it on him

I'm sorry to hear about that. If you have proof that she is not using the child support to care for the child, then you could request a court intervene for you if you'd like.

What should I do far as the child because I don’t trust her with money
I am not on child support
She won’t take me , I give her money by hand

Ok, I think I understand. So, correct me if I'm wrong. You don't currently have court-ordered child support? You're just doing informally?

correct , I went to child support on my own because she is getting out of hand with keep asking me for money and making me keep him for two weekend when I want to get the child every two week
Every weekend she want me to get the child so she can go out to party but her mother always have the child and not her and she the only person who has custody of the baby

Ok, you need to ask the court to make an order that specifies your child support obligation. The child support office only enforces the orders made by the court. They can't help you if you are paying child support privately.

Two more question . She still have stuff on the house should I pack it in but it in the garage so she don’t have not reason to come into the house ?

Yes, I would recommend moving it to somewhere safe to store it, even if it is a separate storage facility or a friend's house to keep her from coming to the home for that stuff. What other questions did you have?

What your opinion on this whole situation?

My legal opinion is that you should consider a restraining order, but definitely file a petition in your court asking for custody and for them to establish a child support order.

Thank you , you been a big help

The pleasure is all mine! There’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

4. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!