Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

CPS took me to court to get me to comply with services. They…

Customer Question
CPS took me to court...
CPS took me to court to get me to comply with services. They told judge all I needed to do was a drug assesment and they would close my case. I done the assesment, and now they are telling me they will close my case after my daughter has her child. What can I do about making them close my case I done every thing they asked and proved all alligations were false. They say my daughter's baby is a different case so why does my case stay open till the baby is born?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If they place a condition for closure, get them to put it into writing or a stipulation so that you can later enforce it.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Case has already went to court won't be going back to court CPS is holding case open after telling judge they were closing it. How do I get it back in front of judge
If CPS is closing then you don’t need to go to court unless you need court to order something new! You can file a petition with the court at clerks office for any relief you need!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
CPS is refusing to close case I need judge yo order them to close it. I done everything that was ordered of me
You have standing to ask the court to close the matter. Absent evidence by CPS, court should grant dismissal. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!