Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Bought a house for a guy and his three kids in Feb. he was…

Customer Question
Bought a house for a...
Bought a house for a guy and his three kids in Feb. he was supposed to pay half mortgage. He even listed it on his child support financial affidavit he filed that he was paying. He brought his father into my residence while I was at work and proceeded to take items that were not his. I went through all my bank statements and have a history of events and monies he borrowed. It was all by surprise. I have tried since oct 9 to recover my property. He has blocked me and when I went to return his property and collect mine, his father battered me and then the deputies said they could charge me with burglary. I suffered injuries and he trespassed me. He told me the only way I can get my stuff back is a court order . He owes me more than 5,000 and I would like to get a judgement as he is going to try to file bankruptcy. Btw we are both law enforcement and I had to hire an attorney already to represent me for that since I did nothing wrong. I have gotten all my statements and receipts to proceed. But not sure what paperwork to file in Manatee County Florida and also wording for a demand letter that I can have served. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/25/2017
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You are entitled to even seek back the house if you like. Are you thinking of representing yourself?

house is in my name but he said he would pay half mortgage but never paid anything. He even listed he did on his child support financial affidavit. He stole thing with his dad out of my house and won’t return anything without judges order.
I’m doing it pro se which is why I need to know what ppw I have to file in Florida in Manatee County and a template for a demand letter to be served. Can you please help me with that ? He stole expensive items including a gun. So do I file a theft report as well?
Can I get refunded my money because my question never got answered and this is a rip off

My apologies. I was not logged in. A demand letter is simply a letter wherein you threaten to sue if certain demands are not met so there is no set form for that. Here is the form for filing a small claims petition. https://www.manateeclerk.com/Portals/0/docs/SmallClaims/Forms/SC_GeneralSOC.pdf

Again it’s more than small claims allows... its over $5000. I would kindly request a paypal refund as clearly you did not read my questions or concern.