Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help with grandparents rights. My granson, son of my…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with grandparents rights. My granson, son of my deceased daughter, is in KY with his remarried father. He has developed severe behavioral issues since being with them, has been hospitalized and is currently in therapeutic FOSTER HOME. He lived in my home for almost 8 years. I have not been allowed ANY contact since July of last year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in IL, they are in KY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/24/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What type of "help" are you seeking from us? Do you have any specific questions you would like us to answer for you?

Must a lawyer that I hire be practicing in KY? How would that work,with me in n. IL?

Thank you for your reply.

Please reread the terms of service, as the experts on this site are not allowed to represent anyone from this site as it is against state laws. If you need a local attorney, please use the same site used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org

We are allowed to answer customer questions and provide information only. If you have actual questions about your situation, we would be glad to answer those so you go into your matter well informed.