Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Cousin was married 17 years, has paid alimony for 17 years.

Customer Question
Cousin was married 17...

Cousin was married 17 years, has paid alimony for 17 years. Now unemployed. How to get rid of alimony.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He was convicted on a trumped up charge of battery. He pushed her down on a couch to keep her from hitting him. Policeman arrested him.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here are the forms he files to reduce /terminate alimony.He files in court where the divorce was finalized and asks for a hearing on his motion.Copy of motion to the ex.

https://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/forms/query.pl?S-B-SC-B-Alimony~reduction

I appreciate the chance to help and wish him the best.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.