Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife accused me of domestic violence verbal and says i…

Customer Question
My wife accused me...

My wife accused me of domestic violence verbal and says i pushed her at 1am. She claims verbal abuse be going on for 2 years. She denied this to cps 8 months prior to this. She called 9 hours later after i mention going to family court concerning my step kids action, thats effecting my job and it's around my 23 months old daughter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has the behavior been documented in any way?

California and never been accused of domestc violence

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Really nothing on my part other than shock

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/24/2017
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened. Was a police report filed or an arrest warrant issued?

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!