Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have retainer’s Agreement said, lawyer has to stay till…

Customer Question
I have retainer’s Agreement said...
I have retainer’s Agreement said, lawyer has to stay till end of my divorce.
My lawyer complains that he used up money and he can not prepared for trail.
He already knew that I don’t have after I paid last money $20,000. He owe me $6,000 from 2016. He has right to not getting orepration fro trail?
We need subpoena. Because no money, we can’t subpoena?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/24/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If lawyer agreed to handle to the end the lawyer can not withdraw, even if it means lawyer spends own money earned to cover cost of necessary subpoena.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
That means I need forensic accountant for trail. My lawyer has to get forensic accountant? He is responsible to provide me forensic accountant and other preparation for trail. He can not bramble “ client did not pay “ therefor no forensic accountant or lost everting because “client run out money”?
If my lawyer did not bring forensic accountant for trail, that caused financial loss, is my lawyer responsible for my loss?
Is malpractice? Can I sue him?I already lost a lot of time because he complained we can not do a lot of things because no money. We haven had orepration for trail.
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
If lawyer agreed to handle the entire matter to the end then lawyer has to do so for agreed fee paid and cover all necessary costs. If lawyer cuts corners which affect outcome that could trigger a claim for malpractice.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I tied rated, but won’t do. I don’t know why.We need forensic accountant to testify and have meeting before trail. I don’t have money, I have too much debts and owe taxes. Just few weeks ago, judge offered that husband pay accountant’s fees, but my lawyer intentionally did not take it, just let it go.This is another reason he should be responsible for accountant’s fees. Without this incident, is my lawyer responsible to get accountant for trail to testify? I want to conform.
Please see retainer’s Agreement of my lawyer is responsible anybfees for nesessary for preparation for trail. I mean get fees either money spouse, husband or ask court from marital assets.
Lawyer who agreed to handle entire matter has to finish and cover costs where so agreed including accountant fees.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page. Happy holidays!
Have you read retainer’s Agreement in files?
Is that Agreement said?
The agreement calls for payment of retainer and added fees as incurred. Withdrawal requires court order.
I don’t understand your answer.
The retainer did not guarantee lawyer would never resign and does call for fees and costs to be paid. Lawyer does need to account for all time to ensure fees are reasonable. what more can I answer for you?
I don’t understand your answer. Are you English speaker? Are really Lawyer?