Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What do I need to do to secure total parental rights? I have…

Customer Question
What do I need to...
What do I need to do to secure total parental rights?
I have a six week old infant daughter who lives with me 100% of the time.
Her mother is a Chinese national without a green card. Currently she is in US under refugee status.
What type of documents do I need for her to execute and other actions that I need to take that give me total custody of my daughter? If I marry will my wife need to adopt my daughter? How do I address all of these issues At one time? Thanks happy Thanksgiving. Bill Garner,(###) ###-####
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
What state is this in please? Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Texas
Texas family code 161 allows a parent to petition the fsmily court for voluntary termination. If they do not do that the other parent may file a request to terminate. Notice will need to be given to the other parent. If they don't contest it the court will typically enter termination. A new spouse can do a step parent adoption and usually that is approved if the spouse consents.Once rights are terminated there is no duty to financially support the child.
Please seehttps://texaslawhelp.org/es/node/1684

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information