Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
We have a court order stating that I am to meet ex halfway
INFOLAWYER, Partner
We have a court order stating that I am to meet ex halfway for summer visitation the day after school let's out for the summer. But, I am on call and can't be that far from my job. Can I just refuse t… read more
My financial advisor invested my IRA in a US Treasury Short
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My financial advisor invested my IRA in a US Treasury Short fund that went from $30k to 7k over a seven year period. I am 59. This is an account that I rolled over from an employer's psp in August 198… read more
In a child support matter, as petitioner pro-se, I have been
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
In a child support matter, as petitioner pro-se, I have been instructed by the magistrate that I should bring an expert to testify at trial to what would be a legally enforceable solution for the resp… read more
I had a retirement account prior to marriage. I was employed
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I had a retirement account prior to marriage. I was employed at the company from 1992 to 2000 and we got married in 1998. In 2007 I started a new 401k with a financial advisor and I took the funds out… read more
SOCRATEASER ONLY. great one. I hope my note finds you well.:
socrateaser, family lawyer
SOCRATEASER ONLY. Hello great one. I hope my note finds you well. : ) I had a home invasion robbery Halloween. I'm dealing with the aftermath.I sent the email Demanding the financial statements and my… read more
Can I bring another lawyer to meeting? Can my lawyer refuse
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Can I bring another lawyer to meeting? Can my lawyer refuse it? Does my lawyer had right to refuse it?… read more
I have a child support case coming up next month and I want
INFOLAWYER, Partner
HI! I have a child support case coming up next month and I want to know what I should expect, or if I should def hire a lawyer....I do not want to get blind sided with anything simply b/c I had no ide… read more
How do I know what type of divorce is the best for my
originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney at Law
How do I know what type of divorce is the best for my situation - mediation, collaborative, or traditional? I am a physician with 4 children ages 24, 22, 19, and 16. We have a large home (owe 600K, va… read more
I have an elderly aunt that I'm concerned about her
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I have an elderly aunt that I'm concerned about her finances. A very odd woman has befriended her and says she is a financial advisor and wants her to move a large amount of money in the next couple o… read more
Law Educator only please. So, hot off the press... Please
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
For the Law Educator only please. So, hot off the press... Please I'd love to know what you think of opposing sides PTM. Unreal...plus, do you think opposing side is just throwing his hands up?!lol...… read more
My wife has started divorce process , her lawyer sent a
Sam, Attorney
Hi my wife has started divorce process , her lawyer sent a letter stating for me to seek legal counsel , which I have. The request was to determine what she wants prior to filing, only three days have… read more
My divorce in NY. may end soon. We'll be spiriting accounts,
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My divorce in NY. may end soon. We'll be spiriting accounts, mutual funds, IRA., 401K. When to bring accountant and financial advisor? I have not managed money before, I don't have experience at all.… read more
My wife owes me 130,000 from her Wal-Mart 401 K and this has
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
My wife owes me 130,000 from her Wal-Mart 401 K and this has been going on for just about six months due to errors be her attorney. I have my financial advisor and I am also waiting to put 30,000 on a… read more
My father remarried at the age of 72, he is now 92 and lost
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
My father remarried at the age of 72, he is now 92 and lost most of his memory and day to day (financial) capabilities. When he remarried, the new wife came into the marriage WITH her financial adviso… read more
After exchanging our preliminary disclosures, my spouses attorney
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
After exchanging our preliminary disclosures, my spouse's attorney sent me a letter suggesting a very simplistic and obviously unfair settlement proposal. Unfortunately, I can't afford a lawyer, and n… read more
My ex and I have a temporary custody agreement of our 2 year
Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney-at-Law
My ex and I have a temporary custody agreement of our 2 year old daughter till October 2013. He wants to bring me back to court to modify custody agreement and visitation because he still wants unsupe… read more
I have 2 questions: 1) During my divorce I owned my house,
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I have 2 questions: 1) During my divorce I owned my house, my name and only my name was listed on the mortgage and my ex somehow sold it without my signature. Isn't that considered fraud and even thou… read more
Good morning, A couple of months ago, you answered my question
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
Good morning, A couple of months ago, you answered my question ("does my X get half of the improvments on my 401K that accrued during the marriage for premarriage contributions") with a NO and that I … read more