Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I just went through a divorce and I was sick during I not…

Customer Question
I just went through...

I just went through a divorce and I was sick during I not happy with the out come. time has ended for me to reopen How can I proced

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid for my house in full, see wants to take it. I need because of mt health

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/23/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Good morning. Did you appear at a hearings? Did you inform the judge of your health at the time?
NO, No
a final judgment was entered against you and you were defaulted?
The Judge made the final decree I was not presend
present
Thank you for the reply. If you were unable to respond and appear because of your health, you can try and file a motion to vacate the final judgment/order and ask the judge to decide this on the merits. You can explain what should have been argued and you case for what you think is fair and equitable and ask for a hearing to be set. Another option would be to try and modify this or ask for a re-hearing.
How do I motion to vacate the final judgment/order

You need to speak with the clerk of court in the family division and see if they have a form. If not, you need to draft and file the motion on your own.

Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!