Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A victim of family violence is scheduled for interview in…

Customer Question
A victim of family violence...
A victim of family violence is scheduled for interview in the family services council. the victim refuses to attend the interview. Is there any penalty for doing so?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/23/2017
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: I've never seen a victim penalized for failing to attend an interview - that would be like traumatizing the victim for a second time. I get the idea that there's more to your story than the two lines you wrote so if you want to provide more information I would be happy to explore it further with you.

The victim is willing to reconcile with the defender. How could the victim help the defender drop the charges?

What kind of case is this? Are there criminal charges pending? I'm assuming yes based on your last question...

there are two charges on the defender.