Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a query about the case of my nephew. He had a

Customer Question
Good day mam. i...

Good day mam. i have a query about the case of my nephew. He had a previous relationship and had a child, their relationship did not last long because of the intervention of the girl's family member. as days go by, my nephew got a new relationship and they live-in as husband and wife. lately, my nephew informed me that the previous girl will file a complaint against him under R.A. 9262 and threatened my nephew to be out job and cancel his license as registered nurse. Is the complaint can affect him? because as far as i know he had not beaten the girl or even throw harsh words again their family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Philippines mam

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet. but i told my nephew to refer a legal counsel.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing mam i only help my nephew because he dont have parents anymore.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
11/24/2017
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Hello my name is Niel

RA 9262 someone can claim that "abuse" has occurred under many different situations, and that abuse is not limited to just physical or mental abuse. For instance the act also says that the victim can be a victim of Economic Abuse, and it also includes attempted abuse. This complaint is definitely something that your nephew should take seriously, as . It will likely come down to a determination of who the judicial authority considering this compliant find more credible ("he said she said). Your nephew should review the allegations that are made in the complaint and be prepared to respond to each of those allegations at the upcoming hearing. And I would recommend reviewing it with an attorney as well.

I am sorry that this is something that your nephew has to deal with. I hope it is resolved to his and your satisfaction. If you have additional questions and or want to continue this conversation I would be happy to do so. If you are satisfied with my response then please accept the answer and rate the answer as this is the only way I am credited for the response.

N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer