Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Q: Our 15 year old let me in my ex husbands home,all the…

Customer Question
Q: Our 15 year...

Q: Our 15 year old let me in my ex husbands home,all the evidence I needed to prove his income on his desk Can I use it
I have been unsuccessful proving my ex husband’s income and our 15-year-old son whom we share 50-50 custody invited me into his fathers home and I obtained the evidence I needed to prove he has an income. There were paystub‘s on his desk and also his Yahoo account was already up and open and I Could see where he had all of his paystub’s in folders from each year and they said original paystub’s and pay stubs with same dates and when I checked them they were as exactly as I thought he had Redacted his bonus information to show he wasn’t getting any bonus income. Then he added it back on the months after my alimony ended. His copies he filed with the court are all phony and the originals are there in the folder. And when I Filed contempt charges on him failing to give me paystub copies when court ordered as to verify income he filed as an indigent person. And he has 500k in Morgan Stanley accounts 80k scottrade can I use any of this evidence He has a court appt attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know the law regarding information obtained by my child inviting me in to his fathers house and whether I can use it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill offering assistance and support.

The difficulty with your question is that your child may lack legal authority to invite you onto your ex's property.

Because your child is under 18 and is a minor there is no implied authority of her right to invite you in, unless your ex expressly invited you in or informed you in the past that your child could invite you in.

Hence, producing the evidence will be open to a legal challenge for illegally obtained evidence due to trespass and breach of privacy.

Moreover, if your husband has explicitly barred you from the house you could be sued for trespass and breach of privacy under the invasion of privacy laws in California.

A better bet would be to subpoena papers in his possession and then file for contempt if he fails to produce them with the pictures as evidence.

That said there is the difficulty that I outlined before with this.

We are here to help.

So Please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before exiting.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer