Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Non-custodial parent has schedule a flight - one way - and…

Non-custodial parent has schedule a...
Non-custodial parent has schedule a flight - one way - and won't give me any return flight information. Normally I would just give him leeway/play by ear but lately he has been extremely difficult and vengeful and I am a bit concerned.Our parenting plan says that if I cause our child to miss a flight for his parenting time then I have to pay for the missed flight. It also says he has to give me a certain number of days advance notice (which he did not do). However it says nothing about one way/return flight details.I do not want to send our child off with no guarantees he/she won't come back but I don't want to inadvertently violate the parenting agreement and be in contempt.I don't think I am because 1. He didn't give me advance notice as outlined in parenting agreement 2. He has not given me the full flight info with return flight details and I am concerned he will either set his own return date without consulting me or worst case not return our child at allWhat should I do?
11/22/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can advise him by email here that unless he provides return flight you are not going to allow the child to visit.I know you have legitimate concerns here, I agree with you that this is not contempt because he has not complied and not being reasonable.

I think you take your chances here, and you are correct maybe he isn't planning to return the child.Send the email and see if you get a response.

I appreciate the chance to help and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thanks rayanswers!