Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband has a child with a woman he knew for a week. She…

Customer Question
My husband has a...

My husband has a child with a woman he knew for a week. She has used the child for money and harassment ever since he was born. my husband has tried to be a very good father to the now 11 year old boy. the stress of the mothers continued abuse and lawsuits is too much for us. She moved from NY to California is living with a wealthy lawyer 6 years ago, we are asking her to let the 11 year old to fly alone and to share in the travel expenses. She is claming to be poor and is now suing us to pay her attorneys fees even though she drives a mercedes, lives in a 3M home and lives a lavish lifestyle. what can we do? is she required to disclose her boyfriends income and does it play into her ability to pay her own fees and share in the childs expenses? I should add she has a second child with the boyfriend who uses his legal knowledge to torture us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not about this one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like what? that this has been hell? She has had my husband falsely arrested, lies through her teeth and is all about money? Is this completely confidential?

Lawyer's Assistant: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Family Lawyer's and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.

I wouldn't want any of this published if possible.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/22/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is there a child support order or agreement in place?