Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband is abusive, mentally and verbally and denies me a…

Customer Question
My husband is abusive...

My husband is abusive, mentally and verbally and denies me a car and money and is threatening. I am filing for divorce. In the meantime I want him out of the house. Can my fiance move in the house to give me some protection. We have two children.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia, Atlanta

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Had iniitial interview

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He thinks he's getting custody of both children

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Are you on title to the house?

rental

Are you a signer on the lease? Does the lease prohibit non tenants from residing in the premises?