Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a child support case in Iowa, I paid up until 2008…

Customer Question
I have a child...

I have a child support case in Iowa, I paid up until 2008 the child was born in 1991 total required support $89,390 I paid $85,381. Now her attorney says I owe $122,343 because of interest at 10%.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have a meeting set up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. You were paying monthly until 2008? How much were you supposed to be paying per month after that?