Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am going to preliminary conference prose. My lawyer( I

Hi, I am going to preliminary...
I am going to preliminary conference prose. My lawyer( I have fired him) did not filed the objection to the entry of the master even after I asked him to do so repeatedly. There is no discovery done or the valuation of the property, my ex is hiding significant amount of cash withdrawan from joint account over the 3 years we were married and hiding assets. I was in the process of retaining forensic accountant and told my lawyer to work with him. My lawyer emailed the forensic accountant that he doesn’t think it’s necessary for him to be involved since master will decide everything so I told him to stop working on my case.
The preliminary conference is in one week. What do I need to take with me to tell the master that discovery should be issued to count for all the assets. Do I need court permission to appoint forensic accountant?
11/21/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks

First of all ask for a continuance to get more time.Consider another lawyer here.You have right ideas to file requests for production, interrogatories, etc.You would identify the forensic accountant as your expert witness.I would consider a new lawyer here if possible this is hard to extract money that has been hidden away.File for a continuance here for more time to retain a new lawyer.File discovery seeking his financial information, tax returns ,etc. You don't need the courts permission to hire a forensic accountant as your expert witness.

I appreciate the chance to help you today, wish you the best, ***** ***** know if you have more.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I filed the continuance and master denied it. I wrote on the motion for continuance that I need more time for outstanding discovery and information but the master denied it.
So what else can I do?

Get the discovery on file here.See if they will grant it then.Best you can do here.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
What do you mean discovery on file?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Did you mean I should file for discovery with the court?

Yes thats correct thanks for your patience.It gives good cause to continue it.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks!!!

Bye for now.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Do I file it with prothonotary/ family court or both?

With family court where the divorce is pending.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I went to file and family court said that nov,28 preliminary conference for divorce,master will decide what kind of discovery is needed so they can not continue the hearing.
I received on Friday court order which says that only husband’s 2017 to present bank statements are needed. My previous lawyer sent on nov,7 subpoenas notice to his lawyer that after 20 days we will subpoena from 2016 to present bank accounts and other investments.
When support conference took place on Oct, 30 it was made very clear afterwards that nothing is on record. I heard master said to my lawyer that to let him know what he wants in discovery and now same master has signed the court order that it will be only 2017.
2017 my husband started hiding everything everything took place in 2016.
Why would I get the court order of when everything was off the record?

You need to make a request for production for 2016 as well here.Don't let them blow you off here you need more records.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Should I file something to have the 2016 included?

A request for production, see if you lawyer filed one already, you can draft off of it here and file your second request for production.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Ok! Now tomorrow is the divorce conference and as you know I don’t have a lawyer so I am going. Can I take a friend with me? Who can help to write down what is happening in the court room. I am talking vital form. Is there anything else I need to take?

You can take a friend here.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Thanks!!! How do I file the request to have 2016 included? Please help me!
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I meant is there a certain form I need to file for request?

What is your state?Sorry its been awhile,thanks.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Chester County,Pennsylvania

This is a form here you will have to modify it to your county , etc.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Thank you!!!
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Can I request a call later in the day with you?

I can do unlimited chat,not set up for calls,sent you offer you can accept and ask as much as you want.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I had to take care of some stuff but back home and I will review your offer. Tomorrow is the divorce conference and I need your help to prepare for it. After I am done with kids home work, I will contact you. Like 8pm I hope that’s ok with you.

Yes talk to you again soon, I can read your draft if you get it done, This stays open once you accept and can come back to it.Thanks

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
The link you sent me to get the form doesn’t work. Can you please send me again.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I looked at the link you sent and it seems like not related to what I should file.
Also I will work on the request to send to master to include 2016 income after tomorrow. Since I am going to divorce conference tomorrow and I have questions about that
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
What do I need to take with me regarding paper work? I guess it’s going to be about assets. I know I need to take vital form and marital property list
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Is there anything else I need to bring to the master?

Last tax return maybe.The request was the closest thing I can find form wise.You would have to modify it.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I know you tried, I will send you the picture of the order, I want to request to include 2016
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
at the preliminary divorce conference, do I need to give statements of all the assets?

You can provide them financial statement and they should do likewise.If you want me to look at your draft be happy to do so when you get it done, accept the offer and you can ask any followup you have.Thanks.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
My husband lied about his income. Do I need to tell them that I want to get accounting done and I should get half of that income?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
I did accept the offer from you. I am confused where should I ask you questions. When I go to the one you sent me I am having hard time sending you questions. I will try again

You do want an accounting here and full disclosure.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Do I say it verbally or write everything to give it to the master?
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Does the money he hide/took considerd marital asset?

All money earned during marriage is marital property.I suggest you present a request for production here in writing.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Is there certain documents to ask for production of marital money. What does it look like?

A request for production ,ask for his W-2s, his tax return, bank statements anything you think shows undisclosed income.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
That’s the problem..that’s why I want to get accounting done. He doesn’t show much on income tax. I have all the money he makes. I have the statements and checks written and cash taken out. He makes 45,000 a week. He makes more then million a year. The master for the support didn’t even look at it. Everyone is trying to cover everything.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
What should I be careful of tomorrow’s conference??I have a girlfriend who is going with me to take notes of everything and for support.

Stay after him here, best you can do.Its hard for lawyers to get at this, understand you have to stay after it.Good luck here.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
take the statements, assets, marital property. I request that accounting should be done of all The accounting to get the clear picture of everything.
I will have the phone with me and will contact you if I don’t understand something at the conference.

Thanks and good luck.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Thank you!!

Take care.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Hi Mr Ray, I went to the conference yesterday and took all the evidence. I have a good news!!! Master has ordered to have all the accounting done!!

Good deal I wish you the best here.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Where do I file appeal for the interim order that was made without my consent by my former Lawyer who I fired the next day after I came to know. I filled to vacate the judgement and asked for hearing which was denied. It is an interim order. Which court should I file the appeal at?

Y ou would give notice of appeal to the court of appeals.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Which court would that be? Is it the same one where the interim order was given?
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Interim order was given at Chester County court house

Clerk of court has these here is a sample one

https://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCenter/View/310

I sent you an offer.Please accept so I may be paid.,Accept and ask anything you want.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I did accept it, twice, please send it again

Thanks just trying to keep your question open,thanks

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Please send me instructions maybe I am not doing it correctly to accept the offer from you
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Send me the link here
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I accept it over the email that was sent from ‘just answer’

Here it is just accept it and ask away.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Did you send it? I didn’t get it

Sent it here again.If you cannot see it open another question for Ray only we can continue that way.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I didn’t get it, I will open another question
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer