Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband is no longer living in our home and I am filing…

Customer Question
My husband is no...

My husband is no longer living in our home and I am filing divorce papers. He still insists he has a right to come and go as he pleases. Is this right?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but not about this issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I changed the locks, and have asked him to leave me alone.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Can I presume this is the family home and both parties are on the deed/loan?

Ely, Counselor at Law