Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm just doing some research on how to regain custody of my…

Customer Question
I'm just doing some...

I'm just doing some research on how to regain custody of my daughter after being forced to sign a temporary agreement to get out of jail for a bogus mist. charge that I served 5 days in the county on and my daughter was traumatized

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Also her paternal father isn't on the birth certificate but he has been proven her father through the court Alabama he is willing to sign all of his rights and future rights over to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes mam

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm just trying to do my own homework to have everything ready bc I miss my daughter terribly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What was the reason they have taken your daughter? You signed an agreement that you would not have contact with her?

You need to give us some more information about why you do not have custody right now.