Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was wondering if a mother has an open case with a case…

Customer Question
Hi, I was wondering...

Hi, I was wondering if a mother has an open case with a case plan can the mother if the mother decides she wants to give up her rights to her child can grandma have custody of her grandson?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope ,i thank you for your time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes the courts can award you custody here of the child if mother consents to it.The court would find that its in the best interests of the child to give you such custody and have the child live with you.This is certainly areal option here assuming mother will agree and CPS as well.You may need to petition for custody here and you may need local lawyer to help you draw all of this up.

I appreciate the chance to help and wish you the best here.Happy Thanksgiving.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer for you here to petition

State Bar of Nevada  

Attorney referral service in the Clark County, Nevada

Address: 3100 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102

Hours:

Closed now

Phone: (702)(###) ###-####/a>