Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and I have been married to 2 years I have a

Customer Question
Hello, my name is*****...

Hello, my name is***** husband and I have been married to 2 years I have a stepdaughter who is 9 name Audrey. Audrey has been diagnosed with Diabetes 1. We understand how serious her illness is but we want to be there 100% for her. Audrey's mother is being very difficult and refuses abide by the court order since she's been diagnosed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Los Angeles Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No we haven't. We didn't want to have to go that route because financially we can't afford it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have a court order, that's been in place since 2015. Since May the mother has not been abiding by the court order. She was insured at work and has been off since. My husband doesn't not like to argue with her and therefore she gets away with not abiding by the court order. My husband is really stressed out and I'm trying to get us help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What exactly is she not doing?

We asked her to pick up Audrey this pass weekend and she stated no because we did not complete the entire course on Diabetes 1. We told her there's no other classes available until mid dec and he does not want to go that long without spending time with her. She disagrees with Audrey visiting at least for 1 day because of her illness
We're suppose to have her from this Oss Friday till Wednesday because that's what the court order states for Thanksgiving holiday. She's not responding to us

Yu can file motion for contempt here and show cause.This sets the matter for hearing with the judge.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl410.pdf

She is denying father here his court ordered visitation.He can file this him self and take it to the judge.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal this.I wish you the best.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

One of my main question is, can she keep her from us because she was diagnosed and we haven't completed the class?

No she cannot its against the orders.

Here is step by step to file

http://farzadlaw.com/contempt-court-divorce-california-law-procedure/

Prayers to you here, this is not right by any means.

55357;�

She cannot keep the child from you here.I hope she changes her mind or you file for contempt since she has willfully disobeyed his visitation.

Thank you very much for your help.

You are so welcome, thanks for rating 5 stars.