Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need an addendum stating my alimony expiration is

Customer Question
I need an addendum...

I need an addendum stating my alimony expiration is continued into perpituity.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, my ex and i agreed to put it in writing as I'm buying a house; but he's been helping me finances for years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I have him electronically sign it? My closing date is Dec 1st. All docs need to be submitted by Monday.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You would need an agreed motion to modify divorce decree here and have the agreed orders signed by the judge if you want this legally enforceable.

Forms and self help

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1250.htm

You would need to file this in the court where the divorce was granted and you may need to modify the forms as this is different than regular modification.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Happy Thanksgiving.