Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and i are in a middle of a divorce. he wants to…

Customer Question
Hi my husband and...

Hi my husband and i are in a middle of a divorce. he wants to move his mother into our home to live.. we still live in the same home. I am against it because she has harrassed me and verbally abused me.. can he do so without my permission

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Houston tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am actually waiting for them to cll me back they are out of the office

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately the answer is yes. Either of you could invite anyone that you wanted to live with you to do so, even if the other party objected. Both parties in the marital home have exactly equal rights to it to have guests and one can't prevent the other unless as part of the divorce one party is granted sole and exclusive possession of the house while the divorce is proceeding.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks