Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is it necessary when counseling children and it becomes a…

Customer Question
Is it necessary when...

Is it necessary when counseling children and it becomes a custody case to meet both parents when one lives in another state? Is it alright to talk to the one by phone?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Virginia and she is in tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes. he is the one who wants me to do the research and I can;t find documentation one way or another.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The kids are 5 and 7, The judge said all kids lie. they told me their mother said that she would beat the stepmother up if she spanked the kids. the judge made the comment that all kids lie. Research says that kids that age are not sophisticated to lie about that type of thing. How can a judge make that decision? by the way, this is a muslim family

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

No, there is no requirement for the therapist to meet both parents; some therapists will do so as a matter of policy for their practice;

but from a legal perspective, the parent with legal custody has the legal authority to authorize therapy treatment and there would be no need to speak to the other parent unless the court order states that both parents must be involved in the therapy.

A judge is free to interpret the facts as they see fit based on the circumstances; normally they won't make a blanket statement but will tailor comments to what is relevant in the particular case; I am not sure how a person can make a broad statement such as that; perhaps it was qualified based on his experience, for example.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer