Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is broke, but needs to get a divorce and child…

Customer Question
My daughter is broke, but...
My daughter is broke, but needs to get a divorce and child custody process in motion.
She has been informed that medicaid can assist her in this effort.
She has been separated from her husband for over 6 months. the last we heard he is living in the woods somewhere. He has never supported his wife or child (the child will be 8 in January) Please advise
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/20/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question and perhaps do some research for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Your daughter may be eligible for free legal services from her local Legal Aid Society or Legal Service Corporation.

If you want to send me her city, county and state, I can look to see what's available.

Also, some jurisdictions have free legal forms available on their courts or government websites, and some courts have Self-help centers that can be quite helpful. I can look to see if that's available, too.

Sue

WILMINGTON, new castle county dealware

Okay, I'll check that out.

I have to go off line for a while, but I'll get back to you within 24 hours, and probably later today.

Sue

You can find the Delaware Legal Aid Society here, and the court's free legal services website is here, where you can access their Legal Help Link at 1-***-***-**** to see if your daughter qualifies for legal assistance at other Legal Services organizations, also listed on that site. Scroll down to find them.

Here is a link to Delaware courts' Self-help centers.

Given the accessibility of those services, your daughter may be eligible or she may find herself comfortable filling out the necessary forms herself and using the Self-help center.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please do let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sue

Is there anything else I can do to assist you?

The "Status" bar shows "payment failure," but that might've been only for the phone call that never occurred.

If you are satisfied with the information I provided, would you please choose a rating?

Thank you,

Sue

Sue
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney