Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I filed an ex-parte against my ex-husband when he failed to…

Customer Question
I filed an ex-parte...

I filed an ex-parte against my ex-husband when he failed to appear for drug test, which according to our order= positive drug test. Judge denied. Set appointment for mediation. Ex was tested twice more, came up positive for meth. Mediator recommended supervised visitation, judge would not adopt recommendation. My 7-year-old son then tested positive for meth. I would like to sue the judge for preventing me from protecting my children.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. The cost for the phone call is an additional $29, plus the original $18. Is that acceptable? If so, I can initiate the call now.

No, I did not realize there was extra charge. Can you please write your answer?

Of course. Unfortunately, Judges are immune from all civil liability for their judicial acts, so you will be unable to sue him. However, you can file a complaint with the Commission on Judicial Performance in California: https://cjp.ca.gov/file_a_complaint/. This probably your only avenue of recourse. Did the judge say why he did not want to follow the mediator's recommendation?

Ely, Counselor at Law