Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can a 16 year old boy get served a law suit in New York for…

Customer Question
Can a 16 year old...
Can a 16 year old boy get served a law suit in New York for his father he hadn't spoken to in years and divorced from his mom
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Is this your home, where the summons was left?

No my ex wife house

Thank you for the additional information.

Then the service of process is defective. The service needs to be on your workplace, residence or usual place of abode.

You should file a special appearance and motion to dismiss based on flawed service.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!