Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to take my sons father for child support but on paper…

Customer Question
Hi. I want to...

Hi. I want to take my sons father for child support but on paper I make more money and he owns a business and hides his money. I also have the child 95% of the time and he lives in my house where I pay all the bills. His father lives at his parents for free. I don't know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but I cannot continue to see them anymore cause I can't afford it. I took his father for emergency custody back in April because we was under the influence of drugs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But now I want support and he thinks that giving me 100 a month it good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The father does have a legal obligation to financially support the child. If the child lives with you and you have him 95% of the time, he would need to pay support. If he is hiding money, you can try and hire a third party to do an accounting of his earnings and income both personally and with the business. I have also provided a link below, so you can estimate and get an idea, of what he would have to pay.

http://paface.org/content/how-calculate-child-support

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!