Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ex husband stopped paying my alimony moved to another state…

Customer Question
Ex husband stopped paying...

Ex husband stopped paying my alimony moved to another state and is a medical doctor and i am disabled

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

divorce was file in georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes we have been divorced( as of sept 2016) he is a medical doctor and has left the state in penn PA working as a locum tenum employee and stop paying my alimony and i am disabled i am in serious financial trouble Dr Robert N Moses pm and r doc pain management

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe he has moved from ft stewart ga as a md to the penn state univ area

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can have a local lawyer in his new state file a motion to compel payment and hold him in contempt as well as recover legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
i am not even certain where he resides and works ? i search him in PA. because he holds a medical licence in PA. And ME Maine.. he shows up in PA Altoona PA area etc all are near Penn state univ . i believe he works as a locum tenum employee who moves around (probably so he cant be found ) Dr. Robert N. Moses pain management pmr he was fired from ft stewart ga army hospital . i am disabled with MS and need my alimony ...in need to file a contempt of court
Thank you Susan
A local lawyer can find him and pursue wages from his employment. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!