Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Dissolution in Oregon. I have filed a motion to compel and

still have not gotten what...
Dissolution in Oregon. I have filed a motion to compel and still have not gotten what I am looking for. She has cash in a safety deposit box. I want the contents verified by me. What type of motion do I file?
11/19/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Motion for Court to Inspect Safety Box asking the court to take control of the Safety Box Assets and divide them as property settlement.You deserve to know what is hidden there and have court take control and divide it here.

I would hand draft this and see if the court will grant it an take control of the safety box and assets here. You have the right to try and deal with this by getting before the court.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I want to tie it to the failure to compel discovery. How do I make it urgent? She has indicated the cash is there, but I disagree on how much.

Amend motion to compel and ask the court to take possession and make accounting here.You could then file motion for sanctions for failure to disclose it all.Take it one step at a time.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Final question. I have been representing myself, but now have counsel. Can I still file the motion on my own and represent myself for this specific issue?

No you need lawyer to do this since you are now represented.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer