Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My granddaughter just text both her non custodial father and…

Customer Question
My granddaughter just text both...
My granddaughter just text both her non custodial father and adult sister saying she couldn't live with her mother anymore and that her mother is the reason she is suicidal. How does she person the court to have her custodial parent change to her father. Her mother will not let her father nor I see or talk to her.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
A motion to the court for change of custody is required. Reasons would be outlined in an affidavit. Court will normally hold a hearing and examine with child and parents before deciding.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Need immediate help she says her mother is the reason she is suicidal and she has tried before.
We are a general information site. Would need to retain private counsel and if there is an immediate threat notify the local police!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”