Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Were does it say if you owe child support and unable to

Customer Question
work. Have a history of...
Were does it say if you owe child support and unable to work. Have a history of bipolar disorder and history of being incapacitated. Delusional & extreme mania & depression. Documented by Health professionals. Health has declined & can't keep a job. It's going on a year and half. File for disability if you have enough worked for many years and it's come to this. Your still responsible for the child. Or should the child suffer without. Perhaps ongoing delusions. Even if get better it's there a 9mth trial work. Ultimately the child does not suffer financially.
Indiana
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

child support law
If you have a court order child support.
owe back pay. out of work greater than a year.
Have a history of bipolar disorder and history of being incapacitated. Delusional & extreme mania & depression.Are you still responsible for the child support? Does the child have to suffer financially? Or does the law require the obligator to file for social security disability.
Indiana

Thank you for the information:

child support law
Have a history of bipolar disorder and history of being incapacitated. Delusional & extreme mania & depression.

Are you still responsible for the child support?

Response 1: Yes, you do unless you go to Court and request for Modification of the Child Support Order.

Does the child have to suffer financially?

Response 2: Yes, because the child is not receiving support from both parents as he/she ought to.

Or does the law require the obligator to file for social security disability.

Response 3: The "law" does not require the obligor to file for Social Security disability benefit. However, if the obligor is entitled to Social Security benefit, then the obligor should file one. If approved, the child would receive child benefit of up to 50% of the benefit. This would offset the obligor's child support obligation.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.