Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If the transcript in my divorce says I have to sign a deed

of trust but I don’t...
If the transcript in my divorce says I have to sign a deed of trust but I don’t remember that being said what do I do? What happens if I get contempt of court? What are the consequences to not signing if I get contempt?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Check the property settlement and decree.If you are required to do this it should be there,otherwise it cannot be enforced by contempt.It may or may not be there.Thats the bot***** *****ne under Colorado law.They cannot enforce anything not put in writing and signed by the judge.Transcript would not bind you or cause you to be in contempt here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
There was no settlement the judge issued permanent orders

Is this reflected in those orders that you sign the deed of trust or not?You only have to comply if the orders require it.Your legal remedy if it was in there would be motion to modify the orders.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It’s in the transcript that is what the judge said I just don’t remember him saying anything about signing a deed of trust. So Can I file a motion if judge is the one who ruled to modify his orders to remove that language?

Yes I would he might clarify this and it protects you from contempt here.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Do you work in Colorado?

JA will not allow me clients off site I can get you lawyer referral where are you at?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I’m in Weld County. Dacono CO

Jodi S. Martin

Boulder, CO Probate Lawyer. 20 years experience

(720)(###) ###-####/a> ***** Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80302

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you

John Hyland Barrett III

BOULDER, CO Probate Lawyer. 42 years experience

(303)(###) ###-####/a> *****br />suite 206
BOULDER, CO 80302

Another one take care now thanks again for 5 stars at top of page.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer