Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can you intentionally change a spouse's address (not with a…

Customer Question
Can you intentionally change...

Can you intentionally change a spouse's address (not with a change of address form, but through each credit card) without telling them? there is a stay away order in place

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

NY just found out today via Life Lock

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Went to post office - they don't have it (the form) but two of the three credit bureaus have my address legally changed it so happens it is changed to my husbands PO box.... my lawyer is closed Saturday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it - is this conversation recorded on line - like others can see it- don't want to write specifics due to the stay away

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Was the credit card only in your name, or, in both of your names?

not sure how he did it - there are no specifics of when and how it was changed on the credit reports. there is no known change of address with the post office either....

hello?

I am here. Was the credit card only in your name, or, in both of your names?