Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can a parent who shares joint custody with minor child take…

Can a parent who...

Can a parent who shares joint custody with minor child take a child out of state without permission or notification to other parent?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Joint custody agreement is in oklahoma, one parent her other in texas with child

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes have retained one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes parent and minor child in texas filed VPO on male parent in oklahoma. and also filed motion to modify custody agreement to full custody. VPO judge enacted vp on male parent but threw out vpo on child. He extended the VPO til Jan 9 and sent it all to family court. since feb 1, mother has not let him see child on regular bas as joint agreement states. Mother is also wanting to relocate to florida and is taking her tomorrow to florida for 10 days

11/18/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
No. This is only allowed if the court order allows or both parents agree.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
But the mother has not notified the father of this trip. I am grandmother and I just found out they r leaving tomorro
Parent can be warned against it. A lawyer can intervene and seek a court order for violation and contempt.Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer