Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am trying to file for legal emergency custody for my son

Customer Question
and a restraining because my...
I am trying to file for legal emergency custody for my son and a restraining because my (I hope soon to be X wife) have checked herself in and out of a mental hospital and then a drug and alcohol re- hap and calling cps at least 4 to 5 times to try to get our son taken away. I have been assaulted by her many times with 27 pictures and dates of these assaults, there are no assaults to her. I have tried to file the paper work alone and each time (at least 5) I'm told I need another stack of papers or there are mistakes, I can't do this by myself, and I fear for my son and my self when she checks her self out. She has called sheriffs cps who have been to my job, my home and kept me from my job, cps was at my home 3 times in less the 24hr. with no issues but will continue as long as she keeps calling. She left her son and I over 3 months ago to move into a boy friends house and pregnant by him. She keeps coming in to my home without permission. I paid for a legal separation but have no papers. Can I need legal help.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Calif.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: don't know where to go
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is so much more that it's hard to write it all. She has at least 2 sides and lies to family, cps, sheriffs, the re-haps and calls me from all as well as cps and sheriffs from the mental and re hap. she calls me and makes her threats all the times she is allowed to use a phone
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
that would be a restraining order or an order of protection or what ever keeps her hundreds of feet from my home and work.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Family Lawyer: Amber E., Family Law Attorney replied 28 days ago
Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney

It sounds as if you need some assistance from someone who will be able to sit down with you and go over the paperwork. You stated that you do not know where to go, but I may have a suggestion. Your local legal aid office represents eligible individuals in custody cases at no charge, and cases involving children or orders of protection are considered high priority. To find the office nearest you, visit www.LSC.gov and search by your location. Alternatively, you may want to get in touch with the local family law facilitator, which you can find here (http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-facilitators.htm). Lastly, you can refer to the California Bar Association's lawyer referral service in your county here (http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS) by clicking the link.

Amber E.
Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney