Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do you give advice for child custody? California, but court…

Customer Question
Do you give advice...

Do you give advice for child custody?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California, but court papers are in Utah.. need to get them transferred back to cali

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have not been able to get ahold of one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What else would be good to know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
Ok so I have 2 daughters with my first ex. We got divorced in California and got our court papers transferred to Utah when I got re-married. So currently our court papers are in Utah. Our court papers say that we rotate Thanksgiving and Christmas with our 2 daughters. My ex has them for Thanksgiving this year. Since our court orders have been ordered , My ex has moved and I have moved also. For exchanges the only thing our papers say is about flying and when meeting halfway in Fredonia Arizona. Fredonia Arizona was the halfway point when I lived in Salt Lake City Utah and when my ex lived in Sun City Arizona. Just recently he moved to Buckeye Arizona and I have been living with my parents in Redlands Ca for the last 2 years. Earlier this year my ex told me the halfway point from his place in Buckeye Arizona and my parents house in Redlands Ca, is Wiley Wells Rd (Blythe Ca). So
earlier in the year I told him that I was choosing to meet halfway in his words at Wiley Wells Rd. He keeps telling me that he refuses to meet halfway and is threatening to show up at my parents house at 7am which is not in the court papers at all. I already told him that I would be at Wiley Wells Rd tomorrow and would have the girls ready for him at 9am. He's refusing to meet me halfway and is saying he's going to show up at my parents house. So my question is if I go to Wiley Wells rd where I said I would be and he shows up at my parents house and he calls the cops, and he will, will I get in trouble? What are my legal rights? I know we need to go back to court and get it modified and we will but that doesn't help me right now.
Court will modify where needed and act in best interests of the Child. Normally court will prefer not to have children relocate unless presents a clear opportunity and does not interfere with visitation. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable” if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!