Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A assault charge was false was filed against me and my

Customer Question
A sexual assault charge...

A sexual assault charge was false was filed against me and my family and it was on found on my foster parent and the person that did that was the maternal great-aunt to an hour and a half since she was 5 days old and she's now to my license was on hold my reputation was questioned and until they finish they investigation you know I couldn't receive any children but I was still able to keep the nice that I supposed to had sexually abused so I could you please help me with that

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes it was filed with the police station and there was reported to the Social Services Los Angeles County and Orange County California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know is there anything that can be done legally when a person has falsely accuse someone of something and went to that Great Lengths when a medical profession had told her that that was no sexual abuse Garden the baby before she went to the police station to file these charges against me in a custody battle over this baby and she was just doing anything to block or put doubt in out into my life regarding getting custody of his baby it's a Dobson hearing coming up and I just like to know what can I do about it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/17/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking what action you can take to address these lies?

what the answer

Umm...I had asked a question...can you respond please?

A a sexual allegation was filed against me with the Lakewood Sheriff department and it was unfounded it wasn't true I like to know if there's anything I can do legally to go after the person that did this

Thank you

There is...that is, if someone lied about you? And that lie harmed your reputation (and such a claim that you are describing would certainly impact your reputation)? THen you can sue for defamation

Defamation of character is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim.

If someone lied about you and that lie harmed your reputation? You can sue the person who lied for defamation.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

What is the charge to handle a case like this

That will depend...different lawyers will charge different amounts. Contact your state bar and they can give you referrals to an attorney that can prosecute this for you.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil

P. Simmons, Lawyer