Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in NC and my wife has been lured away from our marriage…

Customer Question
I am in NC and...
I am in NC and my wife has been lured away from our marriage by a guy . We had a good marriage, loving, the guy had been trying to divide us for months. He has since been influencing her to the point that I was served with Domestic Violence summons and removed from the house. There is no or was there ever any form of violence, disrespect or anything related to such things.
I have court on mon.regarding the DV case . I do feel it necessary to file Alienation of Affection and criminal coversation against the guy.
My problem is financial and thereby I would need legal services and a payment program
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

In North Carolina, you may sue an individual who has caused a married person to suffer the loss of affection of their spouse, so long as the marriage was peaceful and intact at the time of the affair. In layman’s terms, you may sue your spouse’s paramour. To prove this case legally, however, you must satisfy the following:

1. You and your spouse were happily married and a genuine love and affection existed between you.
  2. The love and affection was alienated and destroyed.
  3. The wrongful and malicious acts of the defendant produced the alienation of affection.

With a pending DV you may have a problem with the first element of the prima facie case, but that is a detail you would want to review with your attorney when you work out the case strategy.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!