Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife wants a divorce she had me served with a TRO with a…

Customer Question
My wife wants a...

My wife wants a divorce she had me served with a TRO with a great deal of lies about child abuse we split many years ago and got back together have been so 15years when we split last time she had my stepson say I touched him it later came out he was lying I have court on the 19 what are my chances of being arrested I know our marriage is over I was tying to be an adult about it she is not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am disabled and on a low fixed income her parents are paying for hers my daughter did kick me in my damaged leg and I kicked her back but it was a kinder jerk reaction

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill offering legal assistance and support. If you were served with a temporary retraining order you have the option of filing a response to the order before the hearing; it is important to show up at the hearing so that a default order isn't granted in your absence.

If she lied on her submissions to the court, she can be held in contempt of court or under perjury charges.

This would be a separate matter to the actual TRO hearing that is pending.

You can't be arrested under a TRO until the order is granted and you in fact break the order.

In addition filing a false criminal report is a criminal offense. SO after being exonerated of the charge you can press charges under California law for the fact that your wife filed a false criminal charge.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit today.

Please follow up with me if you need further assistance or support.

By rating 5*****, 4**** or better I get a credit for my time and assistance to you.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

Thank You

Attorney Bill