Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I would like to be separated from my husband. Can I ask a…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to be separated from my husband. Can I ask a lawyer to send a letter asking the husband to vacate the home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ma

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that it is an uncomfortable situation

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes, you can certainly have your lawyer send this request and begin the process. It is best if you file for the divorce and then have the judge establish temporary orders while the case is pending including temporary residence for both parties.