Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I have the other parties lawyer removed from case?

Customer Question
How do I have...

How do I have the other parties lawyer removed from case? Divorce/custody case. That attorney was our family attorney several times and he has done our taxes. Plus we discussed our divorce with him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/16/2017
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

That would be via a Motion to Recuse, also known as Motion to Disqualify. See HERE for the rules governing such a situation. If you feel that the other attorney should be dismissed from the case due to a conflict of interest or ethical rules, then one files such a motion and sets it for a hearing before the Court.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.