Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is going through a divorce in the state of

Customer Question
My daughter is going...

My daughter is going through a divorce in the state of Tennessee, SHe filed in June 2015 and her trial date was just set yesterday for June 27, 2018. Meanwhile her estranged husband was ordered by the court to pay child support and he is nine months behind. What are her remedies to collect that child support or at least a portion of it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, the lawyer my daughter has retained seems to be dragging her feet getting some support money collected.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/16/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry your grandchildren's father is not contributing to their support.

Fortunately there is a state agency whose primary goal is to assist with the collection of child support-they can be contacted here

Some enforcement techniques include:

1. income assignment (aka wage garnishment)

2. treasury offset program (interception of any tax refunds due to the obligor)

3. driver's license revocation

4. passport renewal denial

5. lien on real estate or other property

Some good resources:

https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/humanservices/attachments/cs_handbook.pdf

https://apps.tn.gov/tcses/help.html#property

Otherwise one can hire a private attorney to seek the same remedies through the court system, such as wage garnishment, liens, etc.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

Thanks!

Terms of service can be viewed here:

Thanks!

Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer