Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex-wife recently filed a motion for modification and

Customer Question
My ex-wife recently filed...

My ex-wife recently filed a motion for modification and served me the paperwork. However, she did not put the correct address on the motion and I never received the notification to appear for the court date. I would have appeared and would have had representation. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just that.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
11/16/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!